Our Bermuda-based Healthcare Liability practice offers third-party excess liability coverage for large hospitals, medical centers, and hospital systems.
We target sophisticated purchasers who assume a large portion of their own risk, practice strong clinical risk management and claims management, purchase large limits, and can provide either direct insurance or reinsurance to captive insurance companies. We, like our clients, value long-term relationships.
- Multi-hospital systems
- Academic medical centers
- Pediatric and other specialty hospitals
- U.S. $25M capacity
- Attachment points and programs customized for each client
- Flexibility in form
- Affirmative punitive damages covered
- Follow form or stand-alone excess
- Risk mitigation recognition program
- Extensive captive experience reinsuring more than 90 healthcare captives
- Healthcare specific claims expertise in place
- Claims database with over 2 million data points
- Signed application
- Minimum of 10 years of historical ground up, uncapped, individual loss data
- 10 years of prior exposure data
- Audited financial statements including captive or self-insured trusts
- Description of claims, quality and risk management departments
- Latest actuarial study
Also visit our U.S. Insurance – Healthcare Liability page for more information on our coverage for community-based hospitals, small healthcare systems, large physicians groups, and allied healthcare organizations.