Companies of all sizes can face significant environmental exposures from existing and emerging conditions affecting their properties and construction projects. Sompo International offers custom-tailored environmental insurance products that provide financial and operational security.
We offer environmental liability coverage, including primary and excess coverage for single site or property portfolios, to U.S companies in the following classes:
- Real Estate
- Professional Services
- Financial Institutions
- Manufacturing/ Warehousing
- Healthcare / Life Sciences
- We offer $25M in capacity for Environmental Products
- Admitted (using deregulation where allowed by law) and non-admitted paper
Site Environmental Impairment Liability (SEIL)
Our SEIL product provides flexibility, allowing clients to select the following coverages independently or to bundle them into a comprehensive environmental liability program:
- Pollution Conditions for New & Pre-Existing Conditions
- Non-Owned Disposal Sites (Blanket)
- Biological Agents (Mold, Bacteria, Legionella and Viruses)
- Business Interruption (On-site and Off-site Contingent Coverage with Extra Expense)
- Disinfection Conditions (Bed Bugs and Blood Borne Pathogens)
- First & Third Party Transportation
- Public Relations Expenses
- First Party Diminution of Value
Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL)
Offered on both a claims made and reported and occurrence basis, this policy form addresses the complex environmental needs of contractors and owners including hazardous spills, mold, silica, asbestos, lead, non-owned disposal sites and transportation. Programs can be tailored to address the entire practice of a contractor or project specific, Owner Controlled (OCIP) or Contractor Controlled (CCIP) Insurance Programs policies with completed operations exposures included.
Environmental Excess Liability
Designed to address our clients’ need for excess capacity for mono-line Pollution Legal Liability or Contractors’ Pollution Liability placements, this short form policy sits over the client’s primary or excess environmental placements, ensuring seamless coverage continuity of the underlying program through the Sompo layer with capacity up to $25M.