Leveraging an extensive global network, country level expertise, innovation and technology
Sompo’s Multinational Business Unit offers companies with business operations in multiple countries an industry-leading platform for managing risk. Leveraging licensing capabilities from Sompo companies around the world and a growing network of third-party partners, our Multinational platform offers a convenient, consistent approach to accessing global coverage that is compliant with local regulations in 150 countries.
Sompo defines multinational business as meeting the risk management needs of clients who must manage the transfer of risk or premium dollars and claims payments across country borders. Typically, this includes the following business profiles:
- Clients with a Controlled Master Program (CMP) in their home country and at least one local underlying insurance policy in another country
- Global clients in need of stand-alone local policies, issued separately in each country, but not tied into a CMP
- Sompo’s Japanese clients with interests outside of Japan
With hubs in the U.S., Europe, UK, Mexico, Singapore and Japan, our integrated global Multinational platform makes it easier for clients with global operations to access the commercial property and casualty coverage they need through a single point of contact.
- Local Knowledge – Sompo’s Multinational Business specialists understand how to navigate the complex regulatory and financial environments in 150 local jurisdictions around the world.
- Unparalleled Ability to Serve Japanese and Other Asian Clients – Established by one of the top three carriers in Japan, we have the unique ability to understand and service the risk management needs of Japan- and other Asian-based clients operating in markets around the world.
- A Consistent Approach – We can coordinate Master Programs and stand-alone policies in multiple countries with different forms, currencies, and regulatory environments.
- Handpicked Network Partners – Our growing network of Sompo local subsidiaries and third party insurance companies can write local policies in key insurance markets around the world.
- Global Underwriting Expertise – We have the underwriting expertise and experience needed to properly assess risk in multiple countries across the lines of business we provide, including Property, General Liability, Marine, Directors & Officers Liability, Errors & Omissions, and Cyber.
- Global Claims Coordination – Sompo’s in-house Multinational Claims team works closely with our underwriting teams and network partners to coordinate claims handling and ensure fair outcomes for each of our insureds.
- A Single Operational Platform – We are building an industry-leading platform offering the tools clients need to manage multinational business, including policy issuance, data and analytics, client servicing and local market intelligence in countries around the world.
Meet our team
EVP, Multinational Leader
SVP, Global Head of Multinational Insurance, Claims
SVP, Head of Multinational Insurance Asia
SVP, Head of Multinational Insurance EMEA
Senior Vice President, Multinational
Vice President, Multinational – Training and Development
Manager, Workflows and Processes, Multinational Insurance
Product Development Manager, Multinational Insurance
Policy Analyst, Multinational Insurance
Multinational Database & Process Coordinator
Multinational Business Development Associate
- Latin America
- North America
Sompo Spotlight Series: Meet Peter Blackaby, VP, Head of Multi National Business Issuing Office, Deputy Head of JIA, EMEA
Series features various employees from a diverse cross-section of the organization.