Our Life Sciences team has the deep industry knowledge and technical expertise necessary to service the specialized insurance needs of clients in this dynamic sector.
We focus on serving small and middle market accounts in the following classes:
- Drugs, Pharmaceuticals, Biologics including Dietary Supplements/Nutraceuticals
- Medical Devices (Class 1 to 3 & PMA Approved)
- Professional Service Organizations supporting the product development process
Our appetite includes the following phases of the product life cycle:
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Clinical Trials
- Manufacturing (Both CMOs and OEMs)
- Primary or Excess, Guaranteed cost and alternative risk transfer mechanisms (deductibles, SIR, retro rating plans and captive programs)
Coverage & Significant Capacity
We oﬀer comprehensive coverage and signiﬁcant capacity across all lines of business oﬀered to the Life Sciences market.
- Property – up to $500M AOP / $25M CAT
- General Liability – $1M limit, can increase based on risk
- Product Liability – up to $15M based on risk
- Clinical Trial Liability – up to $10M based on risk
- Auto – $1M limit, can increase based on risk
- Workers’ Compensation – statutory limits
- Umbrella (excluding PCO and Prof.) – $20M
- Environmental – $25M
- Product Related Professional Liability – $10M
- Cyber – $10M
Value Added Service
Our approach is to forge a long-term holistic trading partnership with each account. Instead of basing our relationship on individual products, we oﬀer our lines of business through a multi-disciplinary team focused on a speciﬁc industry vertical.
We are committed to providing our clients with:
- Empowered life sciences underwriters who have authority at the point of sale.
- Risk control specialists oﬀering risk management programs tailored to the needs of life sciences companies.
- Dedicated claims professionals with expertise in our clients’ operations and risk exposures.
- A white glove service model and technology solutions.