GRS Life Sciences
The Sompo Global Risk Solutions Life Sciences team has the deep industry knowledge and technical expertise necessary to service the specialized insurance needs of clients in this dynamic sector.
Our Life Sciences team focuses on small and middle market accounts in the following classes:
- Biotechnology companies
- Clinical monitoring and site management ﬁrms
- Clinical trials
- Contract research organizations
- Medical device companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Private label and contract manufacturers
- Research and development facilities
- Service organizations
- Guaranteed cost and alternative risk transfer mechanisms (deductibles, SIR, retro rating plans and captive programs)
We oﬀer comprehensive coverage and signiﬁcant capacity across all lines of business oﬀered to the Life Sciences market.
- Property – up to $500M AOP / $25M CAT
- General Liability – $1M limit, can increase based on risk
- Product Liability – up to $10M based on risk
- Clinical Trial Liability – up to $10M based on risk
- Auto – $1M limit, can increase based on risk
- Workers’ Compensation – statutory limits
- Umbrella (excluding PCO and Prof.) – $25M
- Environmental – $25M
- Errors & Omissions (E&O) – $10M
- Cyber – $10M
Value Added Service
The Sompo GRS approach is to forge a long-term holistic trading partnership with each account. Instead of basing our relationship on individual products, we oﬀer our lines of business through a multi-disciplinary team focused on a speciﬁc industry vertical.
We are committed to providing our clients with:
- Empowered life sciences underwriters who have authority at the point of sale.
- Risk control specialists oﬀering risk management programs tailored to the needs of life sciences companies.
- Dedicated in-house claims professionals with expertise in our clients’ operations and risk exposures.
- A white glove service model and technology solutions.