London Market and Europe Political & Financial Risk
Our London Market Insurance teams underwrite the full range of Political Risk and Credit Insurance products. We pride ourselves on truly understanding our clients’ risk exposures, tailoring risk management solutions and providing responsive and skilled claims handling.
Backed by Sompo International’s exceptional financial strength, we offer significant capacity and underwrite business through our company platforms in the UK and Continental Europe and our Lloyd’s of London Syndicate 5151 with access to Lloyd’s Brussels, our platform to write European Economic Area syndicate risk.
- Non-payment/performance by public or private obligors
- Political Risk Insurance license cancellation/ trade embargoes
- Political Risk on fixed or mobile assets
- Accounts are written on a direct or facultative reinsurance basis and, whilst the focus is on individual transactional underwriting, portfolios of risks will be considered
- Maximum policy limit $60M, 15 years
- Our dedicated underwriting team has extensive experience, including in particular emerging market and commodity finance business
- Our client base includes International Banks, Multinational Corporates and Government Sponsored Agencies