Sompo International acquired the operating subsidiaries of Lexon Surety Group LLC (Lexon), on June 4, 2018. Now one of the 10 largest surety companies in the U.S. marketplace, Sompo International utilizes a nationwide network of independent agents and brokers and our surety products are available in 50 states, Washington D.C., Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Our Surety team has extensive experience in all surety products and has the expertise to underwrite a wide range of exposures – from traditional to hard-to-place accounts – to meet the varying needs of our clients.
We offer a full spectrum of surety products for a broad range of target industries including:
- General, trade, environmental, and heavy construction contractors and sub-contractors
- National/regional home builders and developers
- National and international publicly traded and privately held companies
- Financial services companies
- Service companies with an emphasis on transportation, waste, and security sectors
- Energy companies in the renewables space (solar, wind, hydro) and in oil and gas
- Hardrock mining and waste companies (hauling and landfill closure/post-closure)
We offer a full suite of surety products including:
- Performance & Payment Bonds
- License & Permit Bonds
- Probate & Court Bonds
- Non-Construction Performance Bonds
- U.S. Customs Bonds
- Additional Commercial & Contract Surety Bonds
- Significant Aggregate Bond Program limits are available for qualified clients.
Underwriting/ Claims Capabilities
- Consistent and detailed underwriting approach
- Extensive underwriting experience in all of our business segments
- Emphasis on responsive service
- Dedicated claims team with specialized surety expertise
Nationwide Agent Network
We work through a nationwide network of knowledgeable and experienced independent agents and brokers and can connect you with the agency best suited to handle your specific need. Inquiries regarding new agency appointments should be directed to [email protected].
- Group rating of A+ (Superior) from A.M. Best (XV size category)
- U.S. Treasury listed carrier with a U.S. Treasury combined underwriting limitation over $215M