Interested in building your career in the Insurance industry? Sompo offers college students and graduates a broad range of career paths and development opportunities.
Start your career with an industry leader
Working directly with our industry leaders, our employees build the skills and relationships necessary to develop both personally and professionally. Through hands-on experience and exposure to our talented teams of professionals, we provide various opportunities to directly contribute to the success of the company, while positively impacting personal career growth. Learn more about life at Sompo.
Our Summer Internship Program is a paid, ten-week engagement that offers students the opportunity to enhance their education and obtain hands-on insight into the insurance business. The program incorporates a range of experiences including:
- Classroom and on-the-job training
- Executive Lunch-and-Learn speaker series
- Presentations from major brokerages
- Social and corporate networking events
- Mentoring program
- Community Enhancement Day volunteer event
- Networking opportunities with senior leaders
Entry-Level Trainee Programs
The Sompo Trainee Program is an 18- 24 month training program designed to give participants the business and technical skills they need to build a successful career in insurance in the following areas:
- Risk Control
- Catastrophe Modeling
Throughout this program, Trainee’s will receive on-the-job learning, workplace mentoring, directed self-study and career development support.
We recognize that our success is derived directly from those who matter most: our talent.
We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering numerous learning and development opportunities, including:
- Paid Professional Development Programs (e.g., CPCU)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Study hours for accreditation exams, such as the Actuarial exams
- Over 400 courses through our e-Learning platform